Communication Skills (Session 2 of the Frontline Leadership Certificate Series)
Frontline leaders must be excellent communicators with their team, their peers, and their managers. This one-day program helps you master effective listening skills, enhance communication methods, and practice the ability to constructively give and receive feedback.
- Understand a communication model in the context of your position.
- Identify and avoid common causes of ineffective communication.
- Give clear directions to others on your team.
- Practice positive, active listening skills.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your own communication style.
- Assess others' communication styles and adjust your techniques for effectiveness.
- Implement nondefensive communication techniques for giving and receiving feedback.
Who Should Attend:
This series is valuable for both new and experienced frontline leaders from office, manufacturing, and service organizations. These individuals are not officially "management" employees, but who provide leadership, direction, and guidance to a work group without the power to hire, fire, promote, or conduct performance reviews.
For new supervisors and managers who have the responsibility to hire, fire, promote, and evaluate performance, the Principles of Leadership Excellence Series is strongly recommended.