The Plasma Operator position operates a Plasma Operating Machine with a dual head plasma used to cut material as specified by work orders and customer needs. As the Plasma Operator, you will oversee the burning process, including evaluating work orders, properly and efficiently setting up the machine, performing all cutting functions according to drawings, continuously monitoring/inspecting job for quality, packaging material per customer requirements, and cleaning the work area. The Plasma Operator is responsible for satisfying customer requirements of quality, quantity and delivery, in a safe manner while maximizing productivity.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious.
- General knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices.
- Basic math skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings.
- Fine motor and gross motor coordination.