The Iowa Division has an immediate opening for a Shot Blaster Operator. This position operates a shot blaster to remove rust and mill scale from the top and bottom of plates, sheets and large parts that are then processed/burned and/or sold as is, to the specified work orders and customer needs. The Operator oversees the shot blaster process, including evaluating work orders, properly and efficiently setting up the machine, continuously monitoring/inspecting job for quality, packaging material per customer requirements, and cleaning the work area. The Shot Blaster Operator is responsible for satisfying customer requirements of quality, quantity and delivery, in a safe manner while maximizing productivity.
- Qualified candidates must have at the minimum 1 year of steel experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious
- Basic math skills required a general knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices and a working knowledge of general computer programs strongly preferred
- Good standing in attendance and performance required
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented team player