This position develops, maintains and supports promotional and community relations plans to position American Bank & Trust as the financial institution of choice among our targeted audience, and successfully meet the bank’s goals and objectives. This position is both strategic and tactical, with responsibilities for owning and developing product and promotion ideas to create awareness for American Bank & Trust in the communities served.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with key departments to develop and execute project objectives, schedules, messages, creative content and measurements.
- Design advertisements for use in newspapers and online platforms.
- Prepare and execute appropriate social media and web-based efforts to reach target audiences for planned product promotions, employee recruitment, etc.
- Manage website – regularly updating design and content.
- Assists with market research, serves as liaison with community, works with vendors, coordinates events, does media buying, and handles daily routine marketing functions with direction from Manager.
- Tracks marketing strategy results closely and creates detailed reports with data analysis and other feedback, presenting results to Executive Management.
- Assist with facilitating production and dissemination of promotional materials.
- Deliver projects from inception to fruition – on time, on budget, accurately and with little supervision.
- Provide marketing support for assigned product(s), including collateral development and vendor direction
- Event management (e.g., booths, tabletops, branch grand openings, etc.)
- Coordinate and deliver social, charitable, community and business events and activities (related occasional weekend and evening work may be required).
- Responsible for vendor invoices and maintaining project budgets.
- Continuously review and adapt business practices to adhere to American Bank & Trust Strategic Objectives and Goals.
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation
Non-essential Functions and Responsibilities:
This position requires a positive, teamwork attitude and the ability to continually reprioritize. It is subject to a changing environment and deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or recognized equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or related field or earned by December 31, 2018 required.
- Two to five years experience in a marketing and/or communications role is required. One to three years of marketing experience within banking industry is preferred.
This position requires:
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills, including impeccable project management, internal client management and problem resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. The interview process will include a written test and a project for presentation.
- Solid background in marketing and communications across both traditional (e.g., direct mail, news releases, newsletters, print advertising, etc.) and digital channels (web/email content, social, retargeting, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and web analysis tools.
- The ability to work competently in software applications, including Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Photoshop, Illustrator, and other software and online applications including web-based systems and mass email software
- The ability to maintain focus in a constantly changing environment that is deadline-driven and be able to handle multiple projects from start to finish.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment such as personal computers, printers, scanners and calculators.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Photoshop, Illustrator and online applications.