The Quality Assurance Engineer supports the implementation of quality systems and processes at the operational level, including the technical and analytical tasks outlined in the associated procedures and work instructions. Responsible for overseeing the technical areas of the Quality Assurance function, including customer and mill claims, the generation of related corrective actions, capability and gage studies. Maintains the certification program for customers and serves as a technical resource for the manufacturing operation, resolving customer issues as they arise.
- 2+ years experience in related field
- Steel industry and product knowledge, with knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and MS Excel applications.
- Knowledge of quality engineering processes and familiarity with Lean manufacturing principles and practices
- Knowledge of inventory management practices plus experience managing material, production and quality control
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations, procedures and strategies as needed Familiarity with ISO and/ or TS16949 quality management systems
- Competency in using Minitab preferred.