The Truck Loader/Driver - CDL is responsible for laying out loads, making sure they are scaled properly, strapping and securing the loads, and then tarping or closing up the trucks. May be responsible for operating a tractor trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle that transports cargo to and from specified destinations. Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick-up of goods to ensure timely service. Maintains logs of travel and cargo to federal and state regulations.
- Qualified candidates must have three plus years' experience driving a flatbed tractor trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle. Other qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Familiarity with on-board computer systems a plus
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record and valid CDL required
- Prior steel industry and product knowledge a plus